What is Botox?
Allergan Botox is widely known for its cosmetic benefits to enhance or improve the individual’s appearance, for example, eliminating deep facial skin wrinkles. Botox is now also popularly used for medical purposes to treat muscle spasms such as blepharospasm.
Buying Botox in larger quantities ensures that it is available to you during the follow-up stage treatments that are carried out every 6-9 months following the initial injection. This pattern of treatment ensures consistency of results. You can purchase Allergan Botox 50IU here.
It is important to follow and maintain the optimum storage conditions of Botox. Botox must be stored in the refrigerator (2-8 degrees C) to ensure maximum sterility of its key active ingredients, the neurotoxin from Clostridium botulinum bacteria. It is this neurotoxin that numbs or paralyses muscles that are subject to spasms.
Who should not use Allergan Botox?
- Patients who have bleeding disorders of any type.
- Patients who have generalised disorders of muscle activity, e.g. myasthenia gravis.
- Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
- Pregnant or lactating women should not use Botox at any point.
- Please make your physician aware of any hypersensitivity, allergies, infections, or immune diseases before using this product.
Are there any associated side effects with Allergan Botox?
The manufacturer suggests that side effect symptoms may include: trouble swallowing, muscle weakness, bruising, bleeding, pain, redness, or swelling in injected areas. Headache, tiredness, muscle stiffness, neck or back pain, pain in your arms or legs; dry mouth, blurred vision, increased sweating in areas other than the underarms, cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, or sore throat.