In this article, we’ll explain the uses of Kenalog Intramuscular Injection and how it works to help treat patients with joint and allergic disorders.
Note: This is just a summary of the product and not an exhaustive list of information.
What is Kenalog intramuscular injection used for?
Kenalog Intramuscular Injection is prescription medication that is used to treat a variety of inflammatory conditions, most notably for common joint disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and tendonitis to reduce pain and swelling.
It can also be used for the treatment of allergic disorders that affect different areas of the body. This includes:
- Allergies – Asthma, Hay Fever.
- Skin disorders – Pemphigus, Eczema, Dermatitis.
- Inflammatory eye diseases – Macular Edema, Uveitis.
- Blood cell disorders – Anaemia, Leukaemia.
- Intestinal issues – Ulcerative Colitis (bowel disease).
- Types of cancers – Lymphoma.
How do Kenalog injections work?
Kenalog is a brand name for the generic drug triamcinolone, which is a synthetic corticosteroid. These are hormones that are produced naturally by the adrenal glands and triamcinolone stops cells from releasing substances that normally help produce immune and allergic responses.
Kenalog is available in several different forms, including an injectable form. Kenalog 40 is injected into different areas of the body including the muscle, joint or lesion on the skin and typically carried out by a qualified healthcare provider every four to six weeks. Kenalog injections can be given more frequently if necessary depending on the condition of the patient.
Before Kenalog intramuscular Injection is given to you, tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- Due to have surgery
- Currently taking other medicines eg: steroid creams, nasal sprays, aspirin, ibuprofen.
- Have any other medical conditions, especially: Heart disease, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, diabetes, cataracts or glaucoma, epilepsy, hypothyroidism, active infections like tuberculosis or herpes simplex virus, mental health disorders such as depression or schizophrenia and stomach ulcers.
Any side effects?
Kenalog intramuscular injections are generally well tolerated, but some people may experience side effects such as temporary thinning of the skin around the injection site, dizziness, bruising, or soreness for the first 24 – 48 hours after treatment. If you experience any side effects, report them to your doctor or pharmacist.
Buy Kenalog Intramuscular Injection from Refine Pharmacy
Kenalog Intramuscular / Intra-articular Injection online from Refine Pharmacy. We supply a wide range of wholesale medication and pharmaceutical products to clients nationwide with next day delivery on orders before 3pm for UK mainland orders and or 2pm for Northern Ireland orders.